Wednesday, May 30, 2012

water

Bees need a lot of water. I was surprised today when I checked the waterer and the water was full when I left, and empty when I returned. It just seemed odd. How could they bee that thirsty? it was 89 degrees, and perhaps hotter in the hive. I don't know, but my bees are thirsty. They aren't the only ones. There is a hive three blocks away near the park. Those bees drink them fly off to the park. I watch them. They are fatter than my bees and stockier. They also do not disturb my hive. I replaced the water and also left the hose on to a drip in case the water ran out again. I am going to need a better water system. Since it was a day full of journalism and AVID, I didn't get to spend much time out there, however, it sure was a nice warm day perfect for bees to gather pollen, nectar, water and grow fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment