Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bee Whisperer

I watched a movie about a horse whisperer. It was called, "Buck". I don't know if Buck knew he was a horse whisperer. I wish I was more of a bee whisperer, but I am clumsy and in being clumsy, the bees can get squished. Also, I am not that smooth and slow in my movements, and I need to improve. The bees had a few days on the sugar water. Last night I brought it in so that they venture out and get used to their digs. In the front today, I observed some honey bees and what might be leaf cutter bees. They are hairy and move differently than honey bees. Only a few bumble bees were out today, and many flowers are in bloom. I want more flowers. More tastes. My bees are all over the basil flowers. They might love the taste of basil, but they might also use something in the pollen or nectar in a medicinal way. They are smart girls. They know where their waterer is and they use it. In and out they fly without really causing any disharmony. The dogs bark and chase the cats. The cats chase lizards and occasionally get birds. The chickens cluck and go after my plants, but overall, nothing the bee does makes any negative impact on the peace of the day. They are busy and peaceful. I feel better that they are alive and part of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment